Monday, December 14, 2015
Monday, December 7, 2015
Monday, November 16, 2015
Thursday, September 24, 2015
Sunday, September 20, 2015
Monday, September 7, 2015
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Friday, August 28, 2015
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Monday, August 24, 2015
Link to slides
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
In the "olden" days I always had my kids write a letter of advice to the students who would be taking their place in my classroom...why did I stop doing this? So today my kids will create "products" instead of letters for the new group of students that will start Genius Hour next year. The hardest part for many students, with genius hour, is simply getting started, so I hope one of the products produced by my awesome kiddos will solve that.
Product vs Letters: in my courses students learn a variety of tech tools and I am hoping they use something jazzy and creative vs a letter. My thoughts on what they could use include (but I really hope they app smash and I am not sharing my list below with them!):
- Google Drawing
- Google Slides
- Desktop Publishing
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
My students are the coolest, most creative creatures around and I love them forever and ever, amen. (p.s. this was made in one 50 minute class period... if you understand the logistics of a classroom full of twenty-nine 7th graders, then you understand why this result is especially impressive)Posted by Tori Wardrip on Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Monday, May 25, 2015
Which LMS is best for WJ’s?
Ease of Use with iOS devices
Schoology but neither connects right with PowerSchool
Compatibility with Google
Used at West High
Differentiation of Assignment (grouping)
Online Discussion Tool
Trainers in the district
We know both :)
Feeder Schools (Elementary)
- Animoto-create quick videos with music, text and images
- Thinglink - an interactive image tool that provides users with the ability to turn any image into a multimedia launcher
- Google Drawing - one of the most powerful, yet underutilized tools in your Google collection!
- EMaze - impressive but easy-to-use cloud-based presentation tool with enough pizazz to impress, but not too much to overwhelm creators (or viewers!)
- Nearpod-not only is this a great way to take your slides and deliver something awesome there is already pre-made lessons that have been vetted by Nearpod...Boom Score!
- Canva - Oh, Canva, how you steal my time. Posters, documents, presentations, and more. Sigh.
- Go Animate - "Making a video shouldn't be a drag. It should be drag & drop." That's their motto!
- Movenote - take Docs and Slides up a notch by presenting them with video!
- Slides-I still love Google Slides but instead of using them like Power Point take them up a notch by adding hyperlinks, Youtube videos or changing the page layout to create custom books. Slides can be more than PowerPoint
" " (quotes)
To find documents that contain that exact phrase.
"my teacher is amazing"
To find documents with at least one of the words.
cactus OR evergreen
- (minus sign)
Exclude a particular word from your search. If you want items (Docs, Slides, etc) that mention “cactus,” but not “evergreen,” use...
Stuff owned or shared by a specific person
Documents you shared with someone else
Search by the type of document. This covers: folder, document, spreadsheet, presentation, pdf, image, video, drawing
Find items that were edited before or after a certain day.
Search by the item’s title.
title:"Tech Fair 2014"
Find stuff that can be opened by a specific app.
Search for stuff that has been shared publicly to the billingsschools or billingsstudents domain
Saturday, May 23, 2015
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Monday, April 20, 2015
Friday, April 17, 2015
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Monday, March 30, 2015
Creating a Bookmarks Bar in Chrome to speed it all up
Using the Google Shortener to create fast QR codes
Video into Youtube
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Find great resources from the National Parks to bring your classroom alive at http://www.nps.gov/teachers/index.htm